The deadline for this round of funding is midnight on 27th May 20.
Languages Memory is the theme for the first Language Acts and Worldmaking conference, due to be held in Bush House, London, 13-14 June 2018. We would like to extend these ideas to our latest call for small grants proposals. Through both the conference and our small grants scheme we want to enliven our awareness of the ways in which languages are experienced, practised, taught and researched. We will reflect upon the place of language learning and engage with the material and historical force of languages in the world. We are looking for proposals that relate to these issues, thinking across the six research strands of our project. Possible themes for you to explore are:
- Worldmaking and languages
- History, legacy and future of UK, EU and international languages policies and comparative perspectives
- Language ideologies and pedagogies
- Languages in moments of crisis
- New ecologies of memory
- Digital methods and memory practices in relation to Modern Languages
- Technologies of language learning across time
- Languages and coloniality; the postcolonial and the transnational
- Languages and the archive; mnemonics and memory palaces
- Lost languages, linguicide and future languages
- Remembering language as play
- Diasporic communities and language memory
We welcome applications for workshops, conferences, public events, or other projects that resonate with theme of Languages Memory. We are looking for imaginative and innovative proposals and encourage you to respond to the theme of Languages Memory in an open and creative manner. We are especially looking for proposals that work with other Higher Education institutions, cultural organisations, and/or private enterprise. In the first instance, please indicate who you might like to work with in your application and we will help broker these relationships.
Successful applications will be invited to present their work at a Language Acts and Worldmaking showcase event later in the year.
To submit a proposal, please complete the small grants application form and return to us at: email@example.com
For more details of the project, please visit our website: www.languageacts.org
If you have any questions about the call for small grants proposals, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org